The purpose of Opening Speech is for students to show the research plan based on previous study and acquire suggestions from experts of the research field.
For PhD students, Opening Speech shall be completed within the second semester after UCAS enrollment. For master students, Opening Speech shall be completed within the third semester after UCAS enrollment.
Procedure: OS includes Presentation, Q&A and Grading sessions. The student shall send presentation slides and Opening Speech documents to all panel members in advance. The presentation contains the thesis proposal outline listed in OS form.
- PhD.’ OS takes at least 25 minutes in total. The presentation shall be within 15 minutes.
- Mater’s OS takes at least 15 minutes in total. The presentation shall be within 10 minutes.
Documents: All documents shall be filled out by the student in advance of the assessment and sent to assessment panel as reference. The registration form (assessment record and result page) shall signed accordingly after the asessment. All documents shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within a week. At the same time, the student shall fill out the UCAS online system and contact Chinese supervisor to assess in the system.
- PhD. Students shall fill out UCAS Study Plan, Opening Speech Proposal and Registration Form for Opening Speech.
- Mater Students shall fill out Registration Form for Opening Speech.
All documents and an online system guideline can be found in “UCAS Forms for Danish PhD Students” (Attachment 1-3, 9) and “UCAS Forms for Danish Master Students” (Attachment 1, 11) on this website.
- For Danish Ph.D.’s OS, there should be five to seven experts to be assessment panel members, who shall be professors or experts with equivalently professional and technical titles. Chinese and Danish supervisors can be panel members.
- For Danish Master’s OS, there should be three to five experts to be assessment panel members, who shall be associate professors, professors or experts with equivalently professional and technical titles. Besides Chinese and Danish supervisors, at least one more panel member should be invited by the Chinese supervisor, or the whole OS process is arranged by Chinese or/and Danish HEPs for some programs.